Earn up to $200 in MineCove store credit!

Valphon

Owner
Administrator
Do you play Ark: Survival Evolved? We're looking for feedback!

Note - Ark: Survival Evolved refers to this game HERE. This is not part of Minecraft!

We are currently in the process of refining our Ark: Survival Evolved server and need your help. In order to provide the best experience possible we require a substantial amount of feedback. Of course, helping us will entitle you to some rewards too!

Step 1: Connect to our Ark: Survival Evolved server by searching for 'Minecove' on the Ark: Survival Evolved server list. You may also connect directly (if you know how to do this!) by using this IP: 107.173.81.38:24916

Step 2: Reach level 50​
Step 3: Answer the following as accurately as possible in a reply to this post:​

What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!)
A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard)
B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all)
C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard)
D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow)
E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect)

Complete steps 1 - 3 and we'll send you a $100 voucher to use on http://minecove.buycraft.net/

Bonus: Reach level 100 and we'll send you an additional $100 voucher to use on http://minecove.buycraft.net/

Please provide all questions + survey responses below!

Xulotl

Unknown - Member
Diamond
Emeralds
◆1,905◆
I can't find the server, and tried to connect directly with the IP, but doesn't work.

Found the problem, it had to instal the server mods.

Xulotl

Unknown - Member
Diamond
Emeralds
◆1,905◆
I couldn't find the server in the server list, direct connect worked but I had to wait until the mods were installed.

Last edited:

BoneZ177

Diamond
Emeralds
◆3,113◆
What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!) BoneZ177

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty?
(with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5-6. The game wasn't too hard but at times like spawning in did kind of seem a little too easy with so much health to start off, I was able to tank multiple dilos with only my fists, but the further in I got the more it evened itself out difficulty wise. Also, gaining experience for crafting is extremely broken, I was able to manage level 60 within an hour or so, could have got level 100 but i decided to stop and play the game for a while.

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 9, I felt almost no lag the entire 4-5 hours I played, most lag came while I was crafting but that could have just been on my end as well.

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 2, The mobs were fairly easy to start off with only fists, I started on the southern spawn 2 which is known to be an easy start but the challenge was almost non existant at first. By level 30 I could 1 hit Dilos, at 50 it took me 3 hits with an axe to kill a sabretooth, mob difficulty could use some balancing.

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow)This one is a tough one, I am going to have to go with a 3 on this. Some of the more common resources were gained way too fast, like wood, thatch, fiber, stone etc. While most of the berries and metal seemed to be at a fair rate.

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) I will give this one an 8. I'm pretty sure I was the only person on at the time, but I also enjoy playing ark with or without people, along with all of the answers above and the fact that I do like to grind on ark, I will say that I had a great time on the server.

Valphon

Owner
Administrator
What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!) BoneZ177

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty?
(with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5-6. The game wasn't too hard but at times like spawning in did kind of seem a little too easy with so much health to start off, I was able to tank multiple dilos with only my fists, but the further in I got the more it evened itself out difficulty wise. Also, gaining experience for crafting is extremely broken, I was able to manage level 60 within an hour or so, could have got level 100 but i decided to stop and play the game for a while.

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 9, I felt almost no lag the entire 4-5 hours I played, most lag came while I was crafting but that could have just been on my end as well.

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 2, The mobs were fairly easy to start off with only fists, I started on the southern spawn 2 which is known to be an easy start but the challenge was almost non existant at first. By level 30 I could 1 hit Dilos, at 50 it took me 3 hits with an axe to kill a sabretooth, mob difficulty could use some balancing.

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow)This one is a tough one, I am going to have to go with a 3 on this. Some of the more common resources were gained way too fast, like wood, thatch, fiber, stone etc. While most of the berries and metal seemed to be at a fair rate.

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) I will give this one an 8. I'm pretty sure I was the only person on at the time, but I also enjoy playing ark with or without people, along with all of the answers above and the fact that I do like to grind on ark, I will say that I had a great time on the server.
Thank you for your feed back! This helps immensely, I'll send you your voucher

Xulotl

Unknown - Member
Diamond
Emeralds
◆1,905◆
What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!) Xulotl

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard)

4, not to hard. Could be a little harder.

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all)

9, a few times small lagspikes but nothing bad.

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs?(with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard)

4, easy to kill and tame.

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow)

3, to easy.

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect)

7, fun server and mods, but too easy.

Last edited:

Voice

Emeralds
◆462◆
Username on ark: BarryWhite (in game name) - Steam:GFATitan

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard): 4 I find the game very fun in some aspects but others it is too difficult overall its decent difficulty except for things like the villagers as once they group up killing them is insane, especially without high lvl tame dinos

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 8 I had a few spikes but overall its smooth

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 7 ive rated it this high due to the villagers or npcs as once they group up killing them Is insane. the other dinos are kinda hard too id suggest making the hp + dmg of dinos wild and tamed more equalised

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow) 5 Resource gathering is good its generous but not in an overpowered way. id say its bang on the money

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) 7 only reason it isn't a 10 is that it needs a few things tweaking here and there for me to really enjoy my stay.

overall id suggest removing or nerfing the villager people also they are quite bugged when tamed so kinda pointless.
make dino dmg + hp more balanced and high level ones so you can actually do stuff properly without riding a lvl 50 max so that u can fight dinos and farm without either being dominated or dominating them.
id say perhaps maybe a little more generous on the gains of crafting levels
also please add more engram points as I constantly struggled to get stuff early on or decent amount of unlocks

Dryadali

Emeralds
◆1,834◆
Username on ark: Aegon (in game name) - Steam: Aegon125678

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard):

3, Its one of my favorite survival games of all time, this server had most things on the right difficulty/rate. Some things in my opinion are to easy (talking about fighting alpha's and the more powerful dino's). It rather easy to get what you want, but you still have to work for it.

9, At the time I played on the server, not many others were playing witch makes a big difference. (not a reliable viewpoint)

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard)

4, The wild man mod is one to not mess with in the beginning, so is the bosses that roam The Island. Once you learned what you can take on its rather easy to sustain. Has a lot in common with my previous servers.

5, Not to fast but fast enough so you don’t have to grind hours to achieve “small” things.

8, One of the main things of a server is the community, as owners you prob can relate to this. The moment I played was very quiet, what makes the enjoyability not that high. But purely on the server settings and mods I’ll give it a solid 8 with discussion of being a 9. Great work!

Last edited:

Voice

Emeralds
◆462◆
additional feedback from (almost level 70 (69.5))

It would be nice if you increased the rates related to breeding etc as its currently 35minutes to incubate an egg.
Still think higher level dinos would be a lot better.
massive need for dinos hp/damage to be balanced as taming them for fighting is kinda useless as most things are just too weak to kill efficiently
NPC's are a big dislike of mine too buggy and just an all round annoyance.
Love phoenix' 10/10
gather rate is good still
Xp rate is madness once you get to level 65+ (it gets crazy hard) This I understand for the level 100 challenge
Would be nice to have Super spyglass mod of some sort so you atleast can see the torpor of dinos as I feel like you've upped it a bit.
I would love for you to enable the damage text in the files (where you can see what damage things are doing)

all in all it's still rather enjoyable honestly a few difficult aspects but stops it from being too easy. only thing lets it down is the player count but that's difficult these days.

Valphon

Owner
Administrator
Username on ark: BarryWhite (in game name) - Steam:GFATitan

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard): 4 I find the game very fun in some aspects but others it is too difficult overall its decent difficulty except for things like the villagers as once they group up killing them is insane, especially without high lvl tame dinos

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 8 I had a few spikes but overall its smooth

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 7 ive rated it this high due to the villagers or npcs as once they group up killing them Is insane. the other dinos are kinda hard too id suggest making the hp + dmg of dinos wild and tamed more equalised

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow) 5 Resource gathering is good its generous but not in an overpowered way. id say its bang on the money

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) 7 only reason it isn't a 10 is that it needs a few things tweaking here and there for me to really enjoy my stay.

overall id suggest removing or nerfing the villager people also they are quite bugged when tamed so kinda pointless.
make dino dmg + hp more balanced and high level ones so you can actually do stuff properly without riding a lvl 50 max so that u can fight dinos and farm without either being dominated or dominating them.
id say perhaps maybe a little more generous on the gains of crafting levels
also please add more engram points as I constantly struggled to get stuff early on or decent amount of unlocks
additional feedback from (almost level 70 (69.5))

It would be nice if you increased the rates related to breeding etc as its currently 35minutes to incubate an egg.
Still think higher level dinos would be a lot better.
massive need for dinos hp/damage to be balanced as taming them for fighting is kinda useless as most things are just too weak to kill efficiently
NPC's are a big dislike of mine too buggy and just an all round annoyance.
Love phoenix' 10/10
gather rate is good still
Xp rate is madness once you get to level 65+ (it gets crazy hard) This I understand for the level 100 challenge
Would be nice to have Super spyglass mod of some sort so you atleast can see the torpor of dinos as I feel like you've upped it a bit.
I would love for you to enable the damage text in the files (where you can see what damage things are doing)

all in all it's still rather enjoyable honestly a few difficult aspects but stops it from being too easy. only thing lets it down is the player count but that's difficult these days.
Username on ark: Aegon (in game name) - Steam: Aegon125678

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard):

3, Its one of my favorite survival games of all time, this server had most things on the right difficulty/rate. Some things in my opinion are to easy (talking about fighting alpha's and the more powerful dino's). It rather easy to get what you want, but you still have to work for it.

9, At the time I played on the server, not many others were playing witch makes a big difference. (not a reliable viewpoint)

4, The wild man mod is one to not mess with in the beginning, so is the bosses that roam The Island. Once you learned what you can take on its rather easy to sustain. Has a lot in common with my previous servers.

5, Not to fast but fast enough so you don’t have to grind hours to achieve “small” things.

8, One of the main things of a server is the community, as owners you prob can relate to this. The moment I played was very quiet, what makes the enjoyability not that high. But purely on the server settings and mods I’ll give it a solid 8 with discussion of being a 9. Great work!
Thank you for the feedback guys, this will go to good use. Will be messaging you both shortly.

So I just purchased this game and started playing on this server. For not knowing anything, I can say that it felt like it could be a fun game. With me not knowing about anything made it feel like i was just trying to survive death the entire 4 hours. I don't know if it was the villagers that voice was talking about but a few random people ran up on me and attacked. I was able to survive the attacks so all was good on that end. The dinos had me on my toes at all times, i was able to defeat most of them which was nice. After the onslaught of a few random people trying to kill me I decided that trying to avoid them and some dinos that i don't know would be best. That's when a dino got the jump on me and made me mince meat. It was a level 171 taradon or something like that. needless to say i will be playing again but am hoping to find someone to have my back while I learn the ropes. I am level 16 now but I will post a response to this topic again upon reaching level 50. Just looking for someone who wants to help me out. IGN is buckmaster1976 on both servers hit me up if you need me as bait. :)

AuzziFella

Emeralds
◆3,271◆

I'd give it a 4 as it is easy but still can be killed easily also so watch out!

3 as I do get the occasional lag spike or rubber banding I'm not the only one whos gotten them too but overall pretty good

5 as they are easy to tame but can still kill you quick even lower ones can end you in a few seconds (that's why my movement speed is like 193% SUPER FAST)

3 resource gathering I didn't expect to gather so much from one rock or tree but still good nice to make them bases you would take forever on in a normal map

9 as I enjoy it alot didnt think id be able to play ark but I did and yeah enjoy it alot would recommend to others.

My ingame name well character is Auzzi

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5 As a new player to the game I was able to play and only died a few times. It made it more enjoyable as a new player to not be overwhelmed.

B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 5 It started out well with little to no lag but as I have continued to play the lag has seemed to get worse each day.

C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5 I think they are good where they are for now.

D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow) 4 This one is tough to say, I think it is a fair rate to allow you to be able to gather things and rank up well

E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect. 8 The only reason for it not being a 9 or 10 is because it seems that my dinos and myself have been buffed the last few days causing me to loose alot of the abilities that i have been working on. Example would be that i had a few pteradon's that had stamina at 600 to 800 and now they are at 250. Overall I enjoy it!

IGN is buckmaster1976

Last edited:

Sclean

Emeralds
◆4,554◆
What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!) Rumplestiltskin

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) I'll go with a 5. As a new player I tend to lean towards the difficulty mostly being my own unfamiliarity with the game itself. Worst issue to date gameplay wise is the NPC villagers. They're ruthless!
B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 8? Weren't many issues at first, but now there are short lived spikes and rubber-banding going on occasionaly.
C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5. Once again, seems mostly right on, but watch out for those NPC villagers.
D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow) 5. Seems about right. My only experience otherwise is single player vanilla with default settings, and let me tell you....
E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) High 8? Low 9? eh... Somewhere in there.

I dont know if this offer was still valid yet at the time of my post. I am also wondering if the sever will be back up as it has been down for several days. I have been playing on the ragnorok map lately and love the map. I believe you can do a cluster to allow your players to travel do different maps within your server which would be cool to do if it is option if possible and if you are going forward with the server. I would love to continue playing on the cove server and thanks for getting me hooked on this game Val!

Valphon

Owner
Administrator

I'd give it a 4 as it is easy but still can be killed easily also so watch out!

3 as I do get the occasional lag spike or rubber banding I'm not the only one whos gotten them too but overall pretty good

5 as they are easy to tame but can still kill you quick even lower ones can end you in a few seconds (that's why my movement speed is like 193% SUPER FAST)

3 resource gathering I didn't expect to gather so much from one rock or tree but still good nice to make them bases you would take forever on in a normal map

9 as I enjoy it alot didnt think id be able to play ark but I did and yeah enjoy it alot would recommend to others.

My ingame name well character is Auzzi
What is your username on Ark: Survival Evolved? (We'll verify you've reached level 50!) Rumplestiltskin

A ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the overall difficulty? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) I'll go with a 5. As a new player I tend to lean towards the difficulty mostly being my own unfamiliarity with the game itself. Worst issue to date gameplay wise is the NPC villagers. They're ruthless!
B ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how is the lag? (with 1 being unbearable, 5 being moderate, and 10 no lag at all) 8? Weren't many issues at first, but now there are short lived spikes and rubber-banding going on occasionaly.
C ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how tough are the mobs? (with 1 being too easy, 5 being just right, and 10 being too hard) 5. Once again, seems mostly right on, but watch out for those NPC villagers.
D ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how quick is resource gathering? (with 1 way too fast, 5 being just right, and 10 way too slow) 5. Seems about right. My only experience otherwise is single player vanilla with default settings, and let me tell you....
E ) On a scale of 1 - 10 how would you rate the overall enjoyability of MineCove's Ark: Survival Evolved server? (with 1 being completely boring and 10 being perfect) High 8? Low 9? eh... Somewhere in there.
I dont know if this offer was still valid yet at the time of my post. I am also wondering if the sever will be back up as it has been down for several days. I have been playing on the ragnorok map lately and love the map. I believe you can do a cluster to allow your players to travel do different maps within your server which would be cool to do if it is option if possible and if you are going forward with the server. I would love to continue playing on the cove server and thanks for getting me hooked on this game Val!
Thank you for the feedback guys, apologies for the delays and downtime. I shall be sending your vouchers shortly!